WARNING - THIS BLOG MAY MAKE YOUR TUMMY RUMBLE!
Melissa Webb our corporate catering partner has creatively pulled together a great team challenge that you and your colleagues are bound to love.....and it involves one of our favourite subjects - FOOD!
What is a Canapé?
We're sure most of you know what a canapé is but for those of us that aren't quite too sure - a canapé is a French catch-all name for small, pretty finger foods served with drinks before a meal or at a cocktail party, able to be swallowed in two bites.
So how does it work?
You'll be divided into two teams (six people in a team works well) and given 90 minutes to create your mini masterpieces.
This team building exercise is about;
Observation – through the eyes, nose and mouth.
Creation – through styling the canapés.
Organisation – preparing, cooking, tidying and timing.
- 8 canapés will be presented to the teams by Melissa Webb to observe and taste.
- Each team will then have to re-create at least 4 of the different canapés they have tasted from memory.
- The more selection they do, the more points are scored and the more canapés the group has to eat at the tasting and awards.
- Different canapés have degrees of difficulty and steps – therefore are scored differently.
- There are no recipes provided so you will have to spend time in the pantry looking for what you believe to be the right ingredients.
- You will have to present 15 of each canapé.
- You will need to replicate taste as best as you can.
- The canapés tasted wont be styled but presentation is a big part – plates and décor add points.
- There are also bonus points if you create your own canapé on top of the 4 or more made from memory.
- Look at the canapé before you eat it!
- What can you see?
- How will I remember what it looks like?
- How do I present it?
- What can I smell?
- What can I taste?
- Should we divide jobs up or everyone do everything?
- Push yourselves to use all the time up – no points for standing around
- Choose canapés wisely
Book Hedsor House for your corporate team building away day by contacting Nick on firstname.lastname@example.org . Canapé Challenge by Melissa Webb based on 12 guests at a cost £1,500 + VAT and includes all ingredients.
Guests to be given personalised apron, book and recipes, contact Melissa on email@example.com to book your Canapé Challenge at Hedsor House.